TPC Weekly Update - Upcoming Summer Festivities!
Happy Thursday! In this weekly update we are reminding you of the exciting summer gigs coming up with our talented teachers, and we have some early information regarding the rehearsals for our summer concert series! Keep reading!
- MS. REBECCA SNELLER'S ART FESTIVAL GIGS: One of our marvelous piano instructors Ms. Rebecca Sneller will be playing three gigs at the GR Festival of the Arts in the GRAM during the first weekend of June. Here's where you can see her play:
GRAND IVORIES PIANO QUARTET: Music for 2 pianos, 8-hands on Friday, June 1 from 2:15 - 3pm. Pieces include music by Joplin, Smetana, Bach, Beethoven, plus "Stars and Stripes Forever" by Sousa.
POSH PIANO QUARTET: Featuring original compositions and arrangements for 2 pianos and 4 people on Saturday, June 2 from 11 -11:45 am. Program includes pieces by Elgar, Herbert, Bach, Beethoven and a fun Billy Joel tune!
DUETS WITH A DIFFERENCE: Rebecca and her friend June Nelson will present an all-new program of 4-hand music, including by pieces by Liszt, Dvorak, Bernstein, Poulenc and some Star Wars tunes on Saturday, June 2 from 5:15 - 6pm.
- BROADWAY BABES: Honoring the first ladies of the stage along with the songs they made us fall in love with, this Circle Theater event is being directed and choreographed by our very own vocal teacher Kathy Gibson! And that's not all... TPC's Josh Keller is the music director! Two nights only: June 4 and August 13
Tickets are on sale now at http://goo.gl/2JMi9t
- TPCR7 TICKETS: are on sale NOW and available to the public for both shows - you get two chances to see one unforgettable show!
- TPCR7 REHEARSALS: There will be three rehearsals for the Vocal Team of TPCR7 before our normal July rehearsals. These dates for the vocal team only are June 25, 26, 27 all from 5:00pm - 6:30pm at the Beacon Hill Community House Auditorium.
Regular rehearsals will start in July (see Calendar). More information (which days you have to be there) will be available soon at our website's Student Center. Please email stage manager Miss Allison Hubbard with any scheduling conflicts you may have.
- - - - -
COMING UP ON THE LESSON CALENDAR:
- NO LESSONS: on Monday, May 28 for Memorial Day
- MAKEUP WEEK: is Tuesday, May 29 through Friday, June 1. If you missed a lesson this semester, you are welcome to schedule a free makeup lesson with your instructor!
- SUMMER SEMESTER: Now is the time to communicate with your instructor about a summer schedule! TPC is offering "Flexible Scheduling" this year - this means that each student is guaranteed 11 lessons in the summer months, and the teacher and client together may decide when to have those 11 lessons. The summer semester starts on June 4, and morning/daytime lesson times will officially be available starting June 15.
- - - - -
That's all for this week, make sure to follow The Piano Cottage on Instagram (@thepianocottage), Twitter (@thepianocottage) and Facebook (@TPCRocks), and turn on post notifications so you never miss any news!
If you have any questions, feel free to send an email to email@example.com